Monday, October 1, 2012

Bone Dance - Self Titled (2012)


I sit tucked away in a corner at my hostel in Iceland, the sun is chirping, the birds are shining, and the coffee is filling me with caffeinated joy, it's all pleasure centers. Good vibes… but that's all just about to fucking change. I just got my grubby paws on the new Bone Dance ST, and after a few songs I find myself hating on every existence in the room (especially the dude wearing mittens while scrawling in his meaningless travel journal - "dear diary, I'm a dick hole").

Bone Dance have solidified themselves in the underground hardcore scene with their DIY approach and work ethic rivaling your foreign grandparents. Releasing EP's, splits, some 7-inchers and even a full-length release back in 2009 that is now deemed by the band as an artifact as they no longer play the material.

Let's get down to it. Shrill nihilistic metallic hardcore that pulls elements from crust, sludge, doom and punk. The riffs have multiple personalities, weaving in and out of crushing chugs to technical passages that teeter on melodic. Commanding vocals roar like a lioness in heat, the bass remains audible and chunky while the drums march along in taut fashion. Pissed. Think of bands like BotchMind Eraser, Plebeian Grandstand and The Engineer.

Bone Dance (deposit files)
Bone Dance Bandcamp
Bone Dance Store & pre-order (peruse friends, rad stuff in there!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…