Monday, March 11, 2013

Gethsemane - S/T (2013)


Raw black metal from The Netherlands, I mean really raw, may as well be the sushi of black metal. 99.7% of the world's population would deem this noise and they wouldn't be too far off… A swirling chasm of blasting drums, floating guitars and anguished howls that just barely pierce through the ensuing maelstrom.

At times it reminds me of GGUW's 'Gegen Gravitation und Willensfreiheit', if not for it's archaic nature then for its untamed plod. Unequivocally not the same, as Gethsemane boasts a much more minimal stance to GGUW's antediluvian dynamism. I won't/can't praise this like I would GGUW (I fucking love that EP), but this demo is certainly worth your time.

Gethsemane (Zippyshare)

2 comments:

  1. If you like NOIR comedy, check we feces out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still scratching my head in confusion, who said anything about NOIR comedy? I mean, Chris Tucker in Rush Hour ruled.

      Delete

Let me know you're here…