Wednesday, March 20, 2013

UNRU - Demo MMXIII


I've been digging into UNRU's demo quite a bit since I got my mucky hands on it - My first thought was 'This shit is the shit!', my second thought was 'I'll definitely offer this up to the SHOM scum'… unfortunately my third thought must've been 'First I'll eat a full bag of Doritos watch No Country For Old Men and put off posting this for a couple weeks'. Now if you were smart, you would be following Forever Cursed (which is infinitely better than my blog anyway), and you could have had this sucker a week ago among a bunch of other releases I think are really good but never got around to posting.

Amidst the furious pummeling of curdled d-beat and raw black metal Demo MMXIII is caked in a glorious crust with plenty of bell rides, ambient interludes, buried howls, cave stench and some radical riffs that at times remind me of Yellow Eyes.

(Below you will find descriptive words intended to entice you into listening and supporting this fucking stellar demo up for 'name your price' on Bandcamp.)

Godzilla, rampart, lobotomy, morass, guano, barbarity, minotaur, C.H.U.D., feral,

MMXIII (Bandcamp download)

5 comments:

  1. You had me at Yellow Eyes and C.H.U.D. I'll give them a listen, and check out Forever Cursed. You can never have too many bookmarked blogs, I always say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured C.H.U.D. had to hook someone in! Well met.

      Delete
  2. Awwww man... thanks for the kind words. Your blog is absolutely a great doorway for new and interesting music as well. Glad you enjoyed this one. Really aggressive stuff. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Much appreciated man. Thanks for having SHOM on the blog roll!

      Delete
  3. killer demo indeed, this was just released by caligari records on tape www.caligarirecords.com

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you're here…