Thursday, November 30, 2017

Hell - Hell (2017)


•  †  •

Since I've heard Hell II in 2010 I don't know, or even care for that matter, whether or not the ambiguity surrounding the name of this band is intentional to dredge up confusion and mystique for brownie points with us grumpy metal stalwarts but I'll stick with referring to it by the name ov Hell instead of MSW (initials of sole member) because I hear Hell is pretty hot this time of year.

•  ¥  •

A lot of great things going on in an overwhelming 50 minutes of fuzz drenched glacial doom with a heart full of ire and grime in it's cigarette smile. The bulk of it feels suffocatingly raw but the entirety of the mix isn't washed out or in anyway tinny, especially with those chunky riffs, beefier than a cow farm. Think of mashing something like Meth Drinker, Thou, Moloch and Bongripper together and running it through a meat-grinder. 

Hell (bandcamp)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…