Saturday, November 11, 2017

Rope Sect - Personae Ingratae (2017)


•  †  •

Listening to Rope Sect reminds me of when I first heard the Ghost debut album, back when they were good, and unmoved and a breath of fresh air in a stale musical cellar. That's the only comparison between the two bands I wish to draw comparison as I imagine other bedroom bloggers have heinously done and I think it's wrong. Rope Sect is instantly catchy, and that only festers and gestates with each listen. Sounding like nothing and everything all at once, it wouldn't be right to pigeonhole Rope Sect as it seems the pot they draw their collective tastes from is a big bubbling cauldron, the stock prominently being a post-punk blend of gothic rock.

I'm completely contented with myself for stumbling onto this, and I'll probably listen to this album too much instead of taking the time to digest the new Bell Witch or the entire 'Mass' collection by Belgian gods Amenra... or maybe not. You'd be a real meathead to ignore this one though.

Personae Ingratae (bandcamp)

•  ¥  •

And here's a very tight two song EP they put out a few months after this one;


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know you're here…